Car Wash Franchise in India, इस Business की क्या हैं कमियां और खूबियां? License and Registration Required, Machinery and Equipment
Car Wash Franchise in India: The demand for the car wash business will remain as long as there are vehicles on the road. It is like an evergreen business. Year after year the demand for this business will increase but will not decrease. And another good thing about this industry are that you can start this business with less capital.
In Hindi: कार वॉश बिजनेस की मांग तब तक बनी रहेगी जब तक सड़क पर वाहन हैं। यह एक सदाबहार व्यवसाय की तरह है। साल दर साल इस बिजनेस की डिमांड बढ़ेगी लेकिन घटेगी नहीं। और इस उद्योग की एक और अच्छी बात यह है कि आप इस व्यवसाय को कम पूंजी में भी शुरू कर सकते हैं।
Also, Read- Lubricant Brands in India, List of Top 10 Best Lubricant Companies, Conclusion… Read More
Car Wash Business Plan
Proper planning and research are very important before starting any business. Therefore, before starting a car wash business, you need to know these things.
Choice of Location:
- To start a car wash business, it is necessary to choose a good location.
- The best places to start a car wash business are in high-traffic areas, near petrol bunkers, upper-middle-class residential areas etc.
- Make sure your shop has good visibility. Also, look at the demand and competition for this business in that space.
How much shop space is required?
- You need at least 4,000 to 5,000 square feet of space to start a car wash business. For a shop, you need at least 800 square feet and the rest of the area to park vehicles.
- A rental shop of Rs 15,000 to 25,000 can be considered safe for this business. It depends on the location and total space.
Requirement of water source:
- You need the right water source for this business, such as a borewell connection. Water can be brought by a water tanker, but it is a bit expensive.
- And it takes about 30 to 35 litres of water to wash a car. Suppose you wash 15 cars in a day, then you need 550 litres of water. Also, you also need a tank to store the water.
Manpower and Quality of Service:
- Your shop needs at least 2 to 3 employees. You can set the salary for the employees between Rs 10,000 to Rs 15,000 per month.
- The car wash business is a service-based business, so your success in this business mainly depends on the quality of your service.
- And if you provide good service, you don’t need any marketing to promote your business. Over time you can easily do business by word of mouth and with regular customers.
- How much you charge for your service also matters in this business. You can charge hatchback cars for Rs 300, sedans for Rs 350 and SUVs for Rs 400.
- These prices differ in rural, suburban and metro cities. Also, you need to determine the price by looking at your competitors.
जनशक्ति और सेवा की गुणवत्ता:
- आपकी दुकान को कम से कम 2 से 3 कर्मचारियों की आवश्यकता है। आप कर्मचारियों के लिए 10,000 रुपये से 15,000 रुपये प्रति माह के बीच वेतन निर्धारित कर सकते हैं।
- कार वॉश व्यवसाय एक सेवा-आधारित व्यवसाय है, इसलिए इस व्यवसाय में आपकी सफलता मुख्य रूप से आपकी सेवा की गुणवत्ता पर निर्भर करती है।
- और यदि आप अच्छी सेवा प्रदान करते हैं, तो आपको अपने व्यवसाय को बढ़ावा देने के लिए किसी मार्केटिंग की आवश्यकता नहीं है। समय के साथ आप मौखिक रूप से और नियमित ग्राहकों के साथ आसानी से व्यवसाय कर सकते हैं।
- आप अपनी सर्विस के लिए कितना चार्ज करते हैं यह भी इस बिजनेस में मायने रखता है। आप हैचबैक कारों को 300 रुपये, सेडान को 350 रुपये और एसयूवी को 400 रुपये में चार्ज कर सकते हैं।
- ये कीमतें ग्रामीण, उपनगरीय और मेट्रो शहरों में अलग-अलग हैं। इसके अलावा, आपको अपने प्रतिस्पर्धियों को देखकर कीमत निर्धारित करने की आवश्यकता है।
License and Registration Required
You need these licenses and certificates to start a car wash business,
- Shop & Establishment Certificate
- GST Registration (required only if your annual turnover is more than 40 lakhs)
- Business Registration – Sole Proprietorship Is Enough
- Pollution Certificate (required only if you apply for the loan)
- If you need a business loan, you can approach banks like SIDBI.
Machinery and Equipment Required
- Hydraulic car wash lifter - 1 lakh to 1.3 lacks (another option is manual underbody lance, cost 7 thousand)
- Commercial pressure washing machine – Rs 50,000
- Vacuum Cleaner – Rs 12,000 (Dry & Wet)
- Polisher – Rs 8,000
- Blower – Rs 6,000
- Steam Cleaner — Rs 15,000
- Glass Vac — Rs 7,000
For exterior cleaning of the car,
- Foam shampoo
- Body shiners like wax, liquid polish and cream polish.
- Compounds such as liquid sandpaper, scratch remover
- Degreaser for removing oil markers.
- Tire polisher
Also, Read- Petrol Pump Business, किंतना कमा सकते है इस business से? कितना लागत है? जाने पूरी जानकारी… Read More
For car interior cleaning
Multi Cleaner, Polish Liquid, Upholstery Cleaner, Leather Cleaner & Conditioner, and Glass Cleaner.
Car wash setup cost in India
You need an investment of Rs 3.5 lakh to start a car wash business in India.
Here is the breakdown of the above amount,
- Hydraulic Car Wash Lifter -> 1 Lakh to 1.3 Lakh
- Other Machine/Equipment -> 1.2 Lakh
- Chemicals -> Rs 15,000
- Other Expenses -> Rs 50,000 (like water storage tank, signage, rack etc.)
- Shop Security Deposit -> Rs 35,000 (varies by location)
- Monthly expenses like shop rent, labour salary, electricity bill, water bill, purchase of chemicals, maintenance etc. are going on.
Car Wash Business Profit Margin
- In a car wash business, you can expect a profit margin of up to 40% of your service charge.
- So your monthly profit will be decided by the total number of cars you wash, after deducting all the expenses.
- The monthly expenses include the salary of the worker, rent of the shop, any maintenance charges, utility bills, water bills etc.
- The profit margin mainly depends on whether you own or rent a shop, whether you work in a station, whether water resources are available, etc.
कार वॉश बिजनेस प्रॉफिट मार्जिन
- कार वॉश व्यवसाय में, आप अपने सर्विस चार्ज के 40% तक लाभ मार्जिन की उम्मीद कर सकते हैं।
- तो आपका मासिक लाभ सभी खर्चों को घटाने के बाद, आपके द्वारा धोई जाने वाली कारों की कुल संख्या से तय होगा।
- मासिक खर्च में कर्मचारी का वेतन, दुकान का किराया, कोई रखरखाव शुल्क, उपयोगिता बिल, पानी के बिल आदि शामिल हैं।
- प्रॉफिट मार्जिन मुख्य रूप से इस बात पर निर्भर करता है कि क्या आप दुकान के मालिक हैं या किराए पर हैं, क्या आप किसी स्टेशन में काम करते हैं, क्या जल संसाधन उपलब्ध हैं, आदि।
Steps Involved in Washing a Car
- Interior Cleaning - This includes mat cleaning, carpet cleaning, seat cleaning with blower/air compressor, glass cleaning etc.
- Exterior cleaning - This involves high-pressure spray on the body, under the body, wheels and engine. Washing involves lathering, rubbing and rinsing.
- Drying – Drying using an air compressor.
- Polishing - Polishing dashboard, plastic parts, bumpers and exterior mouldings.
- Advanced Cleaning (Optional) – Includes seat and door interior using upholstery cleaning nozzles, headliner cleaning, floor liner cleaning, spot removal, steering wheel cleaning, etc.
- Detailing (optional) – includes chemical treatment, compound rubbing, and clay bars. wax treatment, Teflon coating, ceramic coating, etc.
कार धोने में शामिल कदम
- इंटीरियर क्लीनिंग - इसमें मैट क्लीनिंग, कारपेट क्लीनिंग, ब्लोअर/एयर कंप्रेसर से सीट क्लीनिंग, ग्लास क्लीनिंग आदि शामिल हैं।
- बाहरी सफाई — इसमें शरीर पर, शरीर के नीचे, पहियों और इंजन पर उच्च दबाव वाला स्प्रे शामिल है। धुलाई में झाग बनाना, रगड़ना और खंगालना शामिल है।
- सुखाना — एयर कंप्रेसर का उपयोग करके सुखाना।
- पॉलिशिंग — डैशबोर्ड, प्लास्टिक के हिस्सों, बंपर और बाहरी मोल्डिंग को पॉलिश करना।
- उन्नत सफ़ाई (वैकल्पिक) – सीट और दरवाज़े की आंतरिक सज्जा में अपहोल्स्ट्री क्लीनिंग नोज़ल, हेडलाइनर क्लीनिंग, फ़्लोर लाइनर क्लीनिंग, स्पॉट रिमूवल, स्टीयरिंग व्हील क्लीनिंग आदि शामिल हैं।
- डिटेलिंग (वैकल्पिक) – इसमें रासायनिक उपचार, यौगिक रगड़ना और मिट्टी की सलाखें शामिल हैं। मोम उपचार, टेफ्लॉन कोटिंग, सिरेमिक कोटिंग, आदि।
Also, Read- Motorcycle Brands in India, List of Motorcycle Brands, Details of Motorcycle Brands, Conclusion… Read More
Pros of car wash business in India
Always Need a Car Wash: Car Wash Franchise in India
- According to Hedges & Company, there were 276.1 million vehicles registered in the US in 2018. That’s 276.1 million vehicles that need to be regularly washed and maintained. Despite reports that young Americans are buying fewer cars and driving less than previous generations, there’s no shortage of vehicles on American roadways — and no shortage of demand for car washes.
- Car washing also cannot be outsourced. When an American driver needs his vehicle washed, he needs to wash it locally. Unlike other services that can be automated and outsourced, a car wash business can only operate as a brick-and-mortar location.
Car washing can be profitable: Car Wash Franchise in India
Among the many advantages of owning a car wash, one of the most attractive to new business owners is the amount of profit it can generate. Small-scale, self-service car washes make an average profit of over $40,000 per year, while large luxury car washes can net owners over $500,000 per year.
Cons of Car Wash Business in India
Car washes are often seasonal: Car Wash Franchise in India
- Car washes are seasonal businesses in many markets. In snowy climates, customers may wash their cars more frequently to remove salt stains in the winter. In wet climates, car washing is less frequent in rainy weather than in dry weather because rainwater washes away dirt and debris from the exterior of the vehicle. In self-service car washes, car owners in colder climates do not wash their vehicles frequently during the winter, which is not the case in car washes where the customer stays in the vehicle or waits for it to be cleaned and detailed.
- One of the most significant disadvantages of owning a car wash is that potential owners must keep in mind how much weather can affect their profits. Consecutive weeks of rainy weather can mean a sharp drop in business, and a pollen-heavy spring can be a boon. Operating a successful car wash requires the ability to forecast profits based on annual weather patterns and a financial strategy that prevents the company from going into debt during low-profit periods.
It’s more than a car wash: Car Wash Franchise in India
- Owning a car wash involves more than washing customers’ vehicles or purchasing a turnkey operation. The biggest disadvantages to owning a car wash are the complexity of this type of business and how expensive it can be to repair specialized car wash equipment when pieces break. Potential car wash owners should keep enough savings on hand to cover equipment maintenance and replacement if necessary, as one broken part can bring the entire operation to a halt.
- Another disadvantage is the owner’s responsibility for managing the team that helps keep the business running. Like any other business, a competent, friendly employee can increase profits or drive away customers. For an owner who does not have the time or management skills to effectively manage a team, hiring capable managers is essential.
- The most profitable car wash isn’t necessarily the one that charges the most. In most cases, it is the best fit for your location and customers. When researching ownership benefits, take a look at what other car washes in your area are doing successfully as well as where their services don’t meet customer needs.
FAQs on Car Wash Franchise in India
How profitable is the car wash?
A full-service car wash business can actually generate anywhere from $500,000 to $900,000 in annual profits. Full-service car wash offers exterior and interior cleaning services. It also offers additional services including vacuuming and detailing services for the interior of the car.
Are car washes in demand?
There is a growing consumer preference for professional car washing services over home washing as the practice of on-demand car washing continues to grow. A major trend among customers with busy schedules and busy lifestyles is the shift from ‘do-it-yourself’ to ‘do-it-for-me’.
Is a Car Wash a Good Investment?
Research shows that small-scale, self-serve car washes can generate profits of approximately $40,000 annually, while more extensive, tunnel car washes can generate approximately $700,000 a year. Even though it may take some time to see a profit once you start, the returns can pay off handsomely after a few years.
What is the future of car washing?
With the high demand for car maintenance, the United States car wash service industry is expected to be worth US$18.7 billion by 2025. Based on type, the roll-over/in-bay segment is anticipated to dominate the market with a CAGR of. 6.5% by 2033.
Why does car wash businesses fail?
One of the most common reasons new businesses fail quickly is because they don’t stand out from their competitors. Or maybe there are too many competitors in this field. If there are already several successful car washes around, it can be difficult to gain a foothold
Suggested Link:- Our Jharkhand