Is Poultry Farming Profitable, Benefits, Licence क्या चाहिए? कम Investment में कमाएं लाखों, जाने कैसे Start करें? जगह का चुनाव कैसे करें?
Is Poultry Farming Profitable: The poultry farming business in India is very lucrative. And with the right amount of planning and execution, you can easily set up a successful poultry farm in India. Country birds attain their marketable body weight in about 10 to 12 weeks with a body weight of 1.3 to 1.8 kg in egg production they produce 120 to 160 eggs, these production values vary from breed to breed differ.
In Hindi: भारत में पोल्ट्री फार्मिंग व्यवसाय बहुत ही आकर्षक है। और योजना और क्रियान्वयन की सही मात्रा के साथ, आप आसानी से भारत में एक सफल पोल्ट्री फार्म स्थापित कर सकते हैं। देश के पक्षी अंडे के उत्पादन में 1.3 से 1.8 किलोग्राम के शरीर के वजन के साथ लगभग 10 से 12 सप्ताह में अपने विपणन योग्य शरीर के वजन को प्राप्त करते हैं, वे 120 से 160 अंडे का उत्पादन करते हैं, ये उत्पादन मूल्य नस्ल से नस्ल के लिए भिन्न होते हैं।
Also, Read- Construction Business Ideas, Some Popular Business Ideas, and How to Start Construction Business?… Read More
How can poultry farming be made a profitable business?
Poultry farming today is a huge business that is divided into several operations, including hatcheries, pullet farms for meat production, and farms for egg production.
The poultry industry provides a good employment opportunity along with agricultural activities. Poultry entrepreneurs are highly focused on utilizing the farm to enrich maximum production through the sale of eggs and other allied products like feathers, gunny bags, poultry litter, etc.
The poultry farming business is highly profitable if it is run properly under acceptable methods. Each type of animal husbandry, including poultry, must follow specific operating principles if they are to run profitably, but when such principles are ignored by a farming authority, it results in serious losses.
The overriding motivation to start any business is to make a profit. Gets unlucky. However, many poultry farmers do not take the time to learn why some poultry farmers fail. It is widely known that most poultry farmers have been thrown out of business because they could not able to run the business profitably. There are a lot of tasks involved in achieving success in a poultry farming project. According to the expert, “This is not for a lazy person’s business”.
Benefits of Poultry Farming
- It is an excellent income-generating source.
- It requires small capital investment as compared to other business forms.
- This increases employment opportunities.
- Business licenses can be easily obtained.
- It gives a quick return on investment.
- There is always a demand for eggs and meat; Thus, it is a continuous source of income.
- It requires fewer utilities like water, electricity, heat etc. as compared to other business forms.
- The business soon reaches the break-even point (BEP), i.e. a point where the business has neither a loss nor a profit.
- It requires less maintenance.
- It is easy to get a bank loan for this business due to many agricultural schemes launched by the government.
Factors that make poultry farming a profitable business:
There are many factors that make your poultry farming business a profitable project. Here are some of the major factors which are as follows:
- Choose Experienced Workers: To maximize your poultry profit, you must hire experienced workers on your poultry farm.
- Ensure proper and healthy housing of birds: The most important factor to consider is the poultry housing system. The poultry housing system determines up to 40% of the success rate you can achieve in poultry farming. A good housing arrangement is the most important objective for your business.
Effective Marketing Strategy:
- For Broiler: The birds which can have market value should be sold. Even if your chickens are the same age, they gain weight differently when they are fed. For this reason, you need to sort your birds to separate them from the rest. When you do this, you can sell the overweight ones at higher prices and make more profit.
- For Table Eggs: Before investing in egg production you need to survey the market. Marketing arrangements can also be made in local departmental stores, local hotels, restaurants, local bakeries, cafeterias, groceries, and other regular users. This can ensure regular orders for eggs. Sell graded or graded eggs. Proper categorization can attract all types of consumers. This will enable consumers to make a buying decision based on the size of the egg in hand. It is better to sell only clean eggs. Dry or wet cleaning of eggs should be a good practice on the farm. Reducing egg breakage and spoilage to a minimum.
You have your own sales outlet:
- Another way to make your poultry farm business profitable is through your own sales outlet and not depending on supplying to retailers only. You do not need to have too many sales outlets; You can start with just one. You can sell your own branded chickens and chicken parts and fresh eggs to consumers.
- You can hire sales representatives: Don’t think that your business is too small to hire sales representatives or poultry business is not serious enough to hire sales representatives.
- Poultry Equipment and Equipment: There can be a very long list of equipment and other facilities to fully manage a poultry farm. You should be able to make a list of all the items that you might need, find out the cost of these, and compare them across different prices to get an idea of the cost of setting up a poultry farm. The following equipment may be required for poultry farms and for their use such as feeders, drinkers, perches, nests, crates, lighting systems, waste disposal systems, incubators, heaters or brooders, egg trays, cages, coops, etc.
Customize Your Poultry Feed:
Another important factor that can help you maximize your poultry profits is feed optimization. Feed optimization is very important because feed accounts for a major portion of the cost of chicken production. Furthermore, birds require food and water which they convert in their bodies to produce meat and eggs. Therefore, to maximize your poultry profit, you must cut down on the cost of feeding the birds.
अपने पोल्ट्री फीड को अनुकूलित करें:
एक अन्य महत्वपूर्ण कारक जो आपको अपने पोल्ट्री लाभ को अधिकतम करने में मदद कर सकता है, वह है फ़ीड अनुकूलन। फ़ीड अनुकूलन बहुत महत्वपूर्ण है क्योंकि चिकन उत्पादन की लागत का एक बड़ा हिस्सा फ़ीड खातों के लिए है। इसके अलावा, पक्षियों को भोजन और पानी की आवश्यकता होती है जिसे वे अपने शरीर में परिवर्तित करके मांस और अंडे का उत्पादन करते हैं। इसलिए, अपने पोल्ट्री लाभ को अधिकतम करने के लिए, आपको पक्षियों को खिलाने की लागत में कटौती करनी चाहिए।
Agriculture is something in which the government has always been interested. And that’s why there are so many support programs for investors in the agriculture sector. Such assistance programs come in the form of government-backed loans and grants. You should look for such grants and apply for them.
कृषि एक ऐसी चीज है जिसमें सरकार की हमेशा से रुचि रही है। और इसीलिए कृषि क्षेत्र में निवेशकों के लिए बहुत सारे समर्थन कार्यक्रम हैं। ऐसे सहायता कार्यक्रम सरकार समर्थित ऋण और अनुदान के रूप में आते हैं। आपको ऐसे अनुदानों की तलाश करनी चाहिए और उनके लिए आवेदन करना चाहिए।
Also, Read- Plywood Business, How to Start? Business License and Registration, Required Information… Read More
Area and selection of birds
After creating a business plan, you should finalize the sector you cater to, such as meat production, chicken breeding, poultry feed production, egg production, egg and meat processing, etc. You can start a small poultry farm initially by selecting two-three. bird and then add more birds depending on the growth of your business.
Typically, poultry farmers raise birds such as domestic chickens or chickens as broilers and geese, ducks, peacocks, quails, pigeons or turkeys as layers. The three common categories of chicken in India are as follows:
- Broiler chickens – They have a high growth rate and reach a full-grown stage in eight weeks. They also have a lot of meat.
- Layer Chickens – They are a unique breed of chickens. They start laying eggs from 18-19 weeks and may continue till 72-78 weeks. They can produce more than 250 eggs every year.
- Rooster Hens – When they are young they are called cockerels and when they become adults they are called roosters. They take time to grow but due to their territorial instincts, they guard egg-laying hens.
There are various licenses required to start a poultry farming business in India:
- NOC (No Objection Certificate) from the local Gram Panchayat, Municipality and Pollution Board.
- Permission to use electricity since you will need a transformer depending on the size of your poultry business.
- License from Ground Water Department.
- Business registration, eg, a Proprietorship firm, partnership firm or company.
Some other licenses that you can obtain which are not mandatory but useful are as follows:
- MSME/Udyam registration helps in availing various benefits like Mudra loans, technology upgradation assistance etc.
- Trademark registration for your poultry farm logo prevents others from using the same or similar logo.
- In view of the increasing demand for poultry products in the Indian market, the government is promoting poultry farming. So it is easy to get permission and a license for poultry farming.
Cost of Poultry Farming
The cost that you incur to start a poultry business depends on the size or scale of the business. The approximate cost involved in setting up a poultry business in India is as follows:
- For a small-scale poultry farm – around Rs.50,000 to Rs.1,50,000.
- For medium-scale poultry farms – around Rs.1,50,000 to Rs.3,50,000.
- For large-scale poultry farms – around Rs.7,00,000 to 10,00,000.
The poultry farming business in India is a profitable option. You can reach BEP at only six months as many birds will start laying eggs at six months of age. The amount of profit you can make varies depending on the size of the business. However, even when you are running a small-sized poultry farm, you can make a good profit from it. You can also sell feathers and other farm by-products like gunny bags and manure in addition to selling meat and eggs to earn extra profit.
अपना पोल्ट्री फार्मिंग व्यवसाय स्थापित करने के बाद, आपको ग्राहकों को प्राप्त करने के लिए इसका विज्ञापन और विपणन करना चाहिए। बाजार की मांग और आपूर्ति का विश्लेषण करने और अपने लक्षित उपभोक्ताओं को समझने के लिए मार्केटिंग योजना बनाएं। अपने लक्षित ग्राहकों के बीच अपने व्यवसाय का प्रचार करने से यह सुनिश्चित होगा कि वे आपके पोल्ट्री व्यवसाय से अवगत हैं। आप अपने व्यवसाय के बारे में प्रचार प्रसार करके ग्राहक प्राप्त कर सकते हैं।
आप अपने व्यवसाय की एक वेबसाइट भी शुरू कर सकते हैं जहाँ आप अपने पोल्ट्री व्यवसाय के बारे में जानकारी प्रदान करते हैं। वेबसाइट यह सुनिश्चित करेगी कि आपके व्यवसाय की ऑनलाइन उपस्थिति हो और व्यापक पहुंच प्रदान करे। आप स्थानीय समाचार पत्रों में भी व्यवसाय का विज्ञापन कर सकते हैं और अपने उत्पादों के प्रचार के लिए विजिटिंग कार्ड और पैम्फलेट बना सकते हैं।
Also, Read- Car Wash Business, Type of car wash business, Profit Margin, Setup Cost, License and Registration Required… Read More
FAQs on Is Poultry Farming Profitable
How much profit is made from poultry farms?
You can earn an average of 10-15 lakh rupees from the poultry farming business in India.
Which poultry farming is most profitable?
In the long term, large-scale layer farming will be more profitable and generate more money than broiler farming because the birds can be sold as meat after laying eggs, although at a lower cost than broilers.
What is the advantage of 5000 chicken poultry farms?
In the first year, you will get a profit of around 300000 to 350000 INR. Remember the one-time investment cost is 3100000 INR. At this pace, you will get 3 batches every year and earn a profit of 1200000 INR. This means you will have to invest 3 years to recover the total cost of the business.
How much does it cost to start a poultry farm in India?
Poultry farming is a capital-intensive business, and depending on the scale and size of the business you want to start, the funding requirement could be in the range of Rs. 1.5 lakh to Rs. 10 lakhs.
Is Chicken Farming Easy?
Starting a poultry farm business is not easy financially as you generally need a huge amount of money in the beginning. This is because you have to buy a piece of land and the necessary equipment.
Is broiler farming profitable in India?
Total chicken sold @ 6 batches/year: 12,000. Net selling price/earnings from chicken @ Rs.90/kg: Rs.21, 60,000.00. The net return on investment is approx: Rs. 4,44,000.00 (Annually). The sale of other by-products of the farm such as manure and jute bags can generate an additional income of about Rs 20,000.
Suggested Link:- Our Jharkhand