Textile Business Ideas, Investment और Profit कितना होगा? कैसे Start करें? Textile Business Opportunities
Textile Business Ideas: India is one of the largest exporters of textiles and apparel in the world, making it one of the most attractive businesses to invest in. It is the largest exporter of silk and hand-woven fabrics as well as cotton and jute in the world. The contribution of the industry to the total exports of the country is 12 percent. It has strengths across the entire value chain from fiber, yarn, and fabric to apparel. There is a lot of potential in the industry for both manufacturers and retailers looking to get into the clothing business.
In Hindi: भारत दुनिया में कपड़ा और परिधान के सबसे बड़े निर्यातकों में से एक है, जो इसे निवेश करने के लिए सबसे आकर्षक व्यवसायों में से एक बनाता है। यह दुनिया में रेशम और हाथ से बुने हुए कपड़ों के साथ-साथ कपास और जूट का सबसे बड़ा निर्यातक है। देश के कुल निर्यात में उद्योग का योगदान 12 प्रतिशत है। फाइबर, यार्न और फैब्रिक से लेकर अपैरल तक की पूरी वैल्यू चेन में इसकी ताकत है। कपड़ों के कारोबार में आने के इच्छुक निर्माताओं और खुदरा विक्रेताओं दोनों के लिए उद्योग में बहुत संभावनाएं हैं।
Textile Business Opportunities in India
Considering the affordability and the growing domestic demand for textiles and apparel, there are immense opportunities for investment in the Indian textile industry. From domestic market to international markets, the textile industry in India has shown significant positive growth in the last decade. India has a vast infrastructure of textile and apparel manufacturing in several clusters with infrastructure spread across the country. There is immense potential for investment opportunities in retail businesses looking to start a textile and fabric business.
The Government of India is providing a lot of support to encourage companies and businesses to develop, manufacture and assemble products made in India under the Make in India initiative. It aims to encourage dedicated investment in manufacturing in the country.
Especially for the textile and clothing industry, the government is providing several schemes and subsidies for ease of construction and operation for both retailers and manufacturers.
How to start a textile business?
Depending on the investment required and business interest in manufacturing and selling garments, choose whether you want to be a manufacturer or a retailer who will buy from the manufacturer and sell to the customer.
Research the current market and analyze demand to match supply
First of all, you need to know everything about the demand in the current market of the textile business. You need to find the right market for best-selling fabrics and textiles. Research on which textiles and clothing are popular in demand. Analyze which fabric is more profitable to sell according to manufacturing cost and market price. Study what the current niche competitors are doing to market those profitable garments. Checking on your competitors gives you a good lead to make your business profitable.
Get a place to sell
You need to rent or buy space to store and sell the clothes you buy from manufacturers. Or if you are planning to venture into manufacturing, you will need to rent or buy land for the factory. An ideal location is essential for your business. This puts you within reach of customers and suppliers. It also reduces transportation costs and ensures convenience to your potential customers.
Raise Capital and Money
The textile business will require a good investment. Operating cost of manufacturing factory for garment production other than rent/cost of land. Cost of equipment like knitting machine for knitting yarn, weaving machine for knitting yarn, fabric cutting machine for cutting fabric, etc. For retailers, again the cost of land acquisition for shops. Funds are needed to start inventory and maintain stock for uninterrupted sales.
Decide on a name for your textile business and apply for a compulsory license
After deciding on a good name for your textile business, you will need to obtain the following mandatory licenses to make your business legal,
- GSTIN and PAN number
- Business License
- Shop Establishment License
- Trademark Registration
- Pollution and Factory License for Manufacturers
Now once you are registered and ready with the essential licenses, you are ready for the next step. In the case of a retail clothing business, you can now organize a list of manufacturers and contact them one by one. Detail the fee they will charge for your opening stock. Choose the manufacturer based on the transportation cost and select accordingly. Similarly, in the case of a manufacturing business, arrange a list of raw material suppliers. Contact them one by one. Select the supplier who is ready to give you the lowest cost.
Create a business plan with a good profit margin
In the case of retail, once you have made arrangements to sell your opening stock. Calculate the rent of your shop and the total input cost including electricity and another labor cost, if any. Accordingly, estimate a selling cost that will give you the maximum profit margin. Take into account the cost charged by your competitors. As a retail clothing business, your objective is to create a business plan that will give you the maximum profit margin. Similarly, in the case of construction, calculate the total cost of investment. This includes the cost of raw materials, cost of machinery, cost of labor, cost of electricity, and rent of space or any other operating cost. Try to reduce the overall input investment. Accordingly, choose a profitable price to sell to your potential buyers.
Advertise and Market your Business
For every business, it is important to market your product or service in order to be able to sell to more customers and make a profit. Be it a manufacturing or retail clothing business, you can showcase your product/service in the best presentable manner to attract and convert a large section of potential customers.
Investment required to start a Textile Business in India
There are certain costs you need to keep in mind to estimate the investment required in the Indian textile industry:
- Cost of space – For clothing manufacturing, you will need space for a factory of production and inventory for the storage of clothing. In the case of a retail business, you will need investment to buy or rent a shop to sell clothes.
- Cost of Construction – If you are planning to start out as a garment manufacturer, the cost of construction includes the cost of purchasing or renting equipment, the cost of setting up equipment, and additional operating costs that include the cost of maintenance, rent, etc. Is. ,
- Labor Cost – This cost includes the wages of laborers and other employees who will be responsible for operating the production in the case of manufacturing and selling in the case of retail.
- Cost of Transportation – The transportation cost would include the cost required to move the fabric or garments from the manufacturer to your shop. You can reduce this cost if you are planning to get into manufacturing by setting up a factory in the vicinity of your potential buyers.
- Marketing/Advertising Cost – This cost includes the cost of marketing campaigns for your textile business. The cost is obviously higher in the case of retail as compared to the construction business.
भारत में कपड़ा व्यवसाय शुरू करने के लिए आवश्यक निवेश
भारतीय कपड़ा उद्योग में आवश्यक निवेश का अनुमान लगाने के लिए आपको कुछ निश्चित लागतों को ध्यान में रखना होगा:
- जगह की लागत – कपड़ों के निर्माण के लिए, आपको कपड़ों के भंडारण के लिए उत्पादन और इन्वेंट्री के कारखाने के लिए जगह की आवश्यकता होगी। खुदरा व्यापार के मामले में, आपको कपड़े खरीदने या बेचने के लिए दुकान किराए पर लेने के लिए निवेश की आवश्यकता होगी।
- निर्माण की लागत – यदि आप एक परिधान निर्माता के रूप में शुरुआत करने की योजना बना रहे हैं, तो निर्माण की लागत में उपकरण खरीदने या किराए पर लेने की लागत, उपकरण स्थापित करने की लागत और अतिरिक्त परिचालन लागत शामिल है जिसमें रखरखाव, किराया आदि की लागत शामिल है। । है। ,
- श्रम लागत – इस लागत में मजदूरों और अन्य कर्मचारियों के वेतन शामिल हैं जो खुदरा के मामले में विनिर्माण और बिक्री के मामले में उत्पादन के संचालन के लिए जिम्मेदार होंगे।
- परिवहन की लागत – परिवहन लागत में निर्माता से आपकी दुकान तक कपड़े या परिधानों को ले जाने के लिए आवश्यक लागत शामिल होगी। आप इस लागत को कम कर सकते हैं यदि आप अपने संभावित खरीदारों के आसपास एक कारखाना स्थापित करके विनिर्माण क्षेत्र में आने की योजना बना रहे हैं।
- मार्केटिंग/विज्ञापन लागत – इस लागत में आपके टेक्सटाइल व्यवसाय के लिए मार्केटिंग अभियानों की लागत शामिल है। निर्माण व्यवसाय की तुलना में खुदरा के मामले में लागत स्पष्ट रूप से अधिक है।
FAQs on Textile Business Ideas
How profitable is the textile business?
The textile sector has contributed significantly to the national economy in terms of direct and indirect employment generation and net foreign exchange earnings. The industry accounts for about 14% of industrial production, 4% of GDP, and 27% of the country’s foreign exchange outflow.
Do textile designers make money?
The maximum salary a textile designer can earn is ₹8.0 lakh per annum (₹66.7k per month). How does a textile designer’s salary in India vary with experience? The average salary for an entry-level textile designer with less than three years of experience is ₹3.6 lakh per annum.
Which city is best for textiles in India?
Bhilwara has emerged as the largest manufacturer of cloth in India. Also known as the Textile City of India, it is a famous industrial city in Rajasthan.
Suggested Link:- Our Jharkhand